Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dinosaurs Before Dark

We started our very first chapter books with Carson. He is beyond excited! We read the first chapter the other night and he has asked me several times today what will happen next. Dinosaurs Before Dark is the first book in the Magic Tree House series.
My little goofball insisted that we take the picture like this. He's five. I guess this is normal.

3 comments:

Diana Waite said...

this is SO adorable!

Jenn said...

OK so tell me about this. i bought some chapter books in the dollar bin at target, we started Huck Finn but he didn't seem interested. I haven't tried a chapter book with him since. What are these books like? Are you going to buy book by book or do you have to buy a whole set at once. I thought I would start with getting him one for his birthday this week? Are they pretty engaging to a 5 year old then?

Jenn said...

So Davis opened this series for his birthday last night and we are already half way through the first book. We read 2 more chapters this morning and he asked me all day today if we could keep reading, these books are awesome!!