Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Molluscum Contagiosum

Molluscum contagiosum is not a Harry Potter spell. Carson has had these "bumps" for about two years. His pediatrician said they would go away eventually on their own, but after they didn't I took him to the dermatologist. Here is Carson about five hours after his appointment.
I had to call in reinforcements (Matt) to help me take the tape off his body. I should have gotten a picture of him before. The tape was put there to cover up the blistering medication they put on each spot. We are hoping for a bump-less and blister-less boy here soon. Looking at this picture you'd think he's a kid that just loves bandaids.

7 comments:

Diana Waite said...

poor guy! What a trooper...

Kapri said...

poor little guy,,,molluscum is no fun. Only Carson would smile with all of those bandaids on...so cute!

touch of glass said...

that is so sad. At least he is still smiling!

Jourdan McLaws said...

oh yeah he looks really sick, I'll pray for him

Anonymous said...

OH! That sounds awful! I totally thought he had just put bandaids all over him. It sounds miserable that they had to put stuff all over him.

And I totally laughed at the comment you left on my blog. I feel like I have to tell Mike that we really did a lot of things - that we BOTH got dressed, that really was clean at one point during the day, etc, etc.

You're right, we're all just doing our best.

Sara Hollobaugh said...

So funny, bandaid boy! You can tell he is proud of them!

d feist said...

Didn't seem to bother him one bit. See . . . Band Aids really do make it all better!