Thursday, January 27, 2011

Two can play this game

Let's call Blake our "spirited" child. He's always very busy and often doing something he shouldn't be doing. Since transitioning him to a twin sized bed getting him to stay in his bed or in his room has been a challenge. I started locking the door and when I heard him banging and playing I'd go in an put him back on his bed. Well, the other day he just wasn't having it. I finally gave up on putting him back in bed and figured if he was quietly playing in his room that was fine. After his "quiet time" was over I went in to get him. Blake was smiling and happy. Blake was also naked. There were four pee spots on the carpet too. Fast forwarded to naptime the next day. I decided two can play this game! I changed his diaper before naptime and added some ducktape to reinforce and secure his diaper in place. Glad he thought it was funny.
Now he looks like a nicely wrapped Christmas package. He stood up and wanted it off and I just smiled.
Needless to say there were no pee accidents this time around. If he figures out how to remove the ducktape I already have other ideas. Blake, don't even think about it.

6 comments:

Lindsay Ann said...

My sister has to do the duck tape thing with her daughter. It seems to work pretty well.

Diana Waite said...

we did the SAME thing with Alyisa, except hers wasn't pee....NASTY is the only thing I can say. Stick to it mommy! :)

Summer said...

I love the kids that have the sparkle in their eye and are constantly in trouble...perhaps because I was the kid always in trouble. The great thing is there is never a dull moment. I love that you outsmarted him with the duct tape...the war is on now, you know?

Jenn said...

Kate has started taking her diaper off too, I need to really start the potty training thing, bummer...

Momma Dianna said...

Haha...Blake and Avery sound so much a like! My day is pretty much consumed with making sure she is staying out of trouble. Two minutes quiet is two minutes too long! And we definitely have had the diaper issue too!

d feist said...

Boys! Paul is also locked in his room for nap/quiet time. Once when I went in to wake him he had his diaper on, but turned inside out. I hadn't even thought about him peeing around the room. Glad that wasn't the case for us. Two-year-olds are really something.