After the porch swing came a kitchen repainting project which is finished and we are thrilled with the results. Matt and I should start a painting business! We've turned into professionals and are quite the team! We ran out of paint and still needed to finish the laundry room, so I purchased more paint and surprised Matt by doing it all by myself. Now we are on to the BIG project!! I will admit I am proud of my next little project. I've been talking about doing it for years and have finally begun! Here is a picture of our lovely cabinets before. Don't get me wrong...I have nothing against these cabinets, but they were completely "thrashed" and in need of some love and updating.
BEFORE

As always - Carson was anxious to be in on the action! Matt was putting on the finishing touches and Carson kept inching closer and closer in hopes of grabbing at least one screw. Check out this picture...Carson just eyeing those three little screws on the ground in front of him. He'd act innocent and when he thought we weren't watching he'd reach his little chubby fingers out to grab one. His cute attempts were unsuccessful, but it sure was funny watching him try!
DURING
The finished product. I started on the smallest area to test out my skills. After the first coat of primer I thought it would be the end of me, but I am really happy with the results. I am now considering doing the rest of the cabinets in the house.
AFTER
Wish me luck on finishing the rest!
9 comments:
Lyns, I'm very impressed with your refurbishing skills! The swing is so cute and the cabinets look great! I'm sure it makes the whole kitchen look so new and different. How fun! I'm sure a lot of work though.
The cabinets look awesome! Dave and I are ready to redo ours - so just let me know when you want to come over . . . :)
Those look great! What are your tips for repainting the cabinets? And where did you find the hardware? That's my project for this summer is to repaint my cabinets (although mine have been done once before - I scratch paint off them each time I wipe them down so they obviously weren't done that well!)
OMG girl, your cabinets are to die for!! You should get a job on the DIY network! I'm impressed! I have painted cabinets before, so I understand all the work that goes into it...well worth it though...THEY LOOK AMAZING!
awesome, lynsey! i can hardly wait to see them! the swing is absolutely adorable, too! -erica
I am impressed. Nothing like a little painting/refurbishing in your spare time. They look amazing. You are making the rest of us look bad....I would have waited for Dave to come home to help with the work :)
Just put my house next on the list. I love your cabinets and your porch swing is super cute!
I love it Lyns...I need your help so I can do mine...looks like you're a master so I need to get your advice...you are great. Cant' wait to see it in person!
Lyns- it's Lisa Carling...just thought I'd say Hi. I don't have any idea how I ended up on your blog but I guess that's the fun of this whole blogging thing right?! Hope you're doing great, maybe I'll see you guys next time Marc comes to town. By the way, great cupboards and Carson is even cuter than last time I saw him. Talk to you later. aaroncarlingfam.blogspot.com
Post a Comment