Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ward Family Campout

This past weekend we headed up to the mountains for our ward family campout. People were impressed that I'd go camping being 8 months pregnant. I didn't sleep very well and had to find the restroom once in the night, but other than that a fun time was had by all. It was fun to see how much Carson enjoyed himself! He woke up early early and I heard him ask Matt, "Dad, am I in a tent?" A few mintues pass and then Carson says, "Dad, we are in a tent." A few mintues later, "Dad, what was that? Is that a bear?"

Carson enjoying a marshmellow breakfast and Matt playing some tunes on the guitar.
Mom & Carson. Carson obviously has a mouth full of marshmellow!
Carson testing out the zip-line.
Proof that yes indeed I did go camping being 8 months pregnant!
A little family picture before we took off. We all took four hour naps when we got home!

6 comments:

mad white woman said...

Your belly almost looks fake because your body is still so little.

I went camping like 6 1/2 months prego and it was horrible (well, just the sleeping part). All night long my belly and gravity worked together, sliding me down the mattress into Jason.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am totally impressed Lynsey. I can certainly say that I wouldn't have been such a trooper - 8 months and camping (no thank you!). However, it looks like Carson had a great time and that's what its really about, right.

Sara Hollobaugh said...

I am glad you giys went and had fun. Next time we will go and have to find a tent!!

Momma Dianna said...

How cute is your belly! Wow-how impressive are you to go camping at 8 mos preggers! That would have been such bad news for me in the bathroom department! My baby was on my bladder for months. We went camping when Lexie was 6 mos old and boy was that an experience! Camping, me and babies usually don't mix! Glad you guys had fun and got to enjoy the great outdoors before the baby comes. Little boys and camping is too cute!

Jacque said...

I love camping! Your belly is getting so big (but not too big, don't worry!). ;)

Lisa said...

You look adorable Lynsey! I need to call you and order some scensy stuff.