I know I need to update my blog with a picture or two and rest assured those are coming! Matt and I have said over and over we need to write down all the funny things our little boy says. He is coming up on his 3rd birthday and everyday his vocabulary seems to grow and he says the funniest things. For instance...
A few weeks ago I was sitting at the computer finishing up some work. Carson comes in and says, "Honey, where's my super suit?" I started laughing and he demands, "WHERE is my SUPER SUIT?"
Last week I was standing in the kitchen drinking some water. Carson was standing in front of me just watching and suddenly says with a very serious face, "You do it again, I spank your bum and put you in time out." I smiled and asked him what I did. He repeats himself, "You do it again, I spank your bum and put you in time out." This little conversation happens often in our house but it is usually reversed. Carson does something, he gets his first warning, he trys to tell me why he was doing whatever it was he was doing and I just repeat my warning.
The other day I made Carson some toast. He ate a bite or two and was off to something else (surprise, surprise). Matt came home and ate his dinner. He saw Carson's toast still there on the table and ate that too. Carson says, "You eat my toast? Why you do that to me?"
Lately he has been calling Matt "Uncle Matt" for some reason.
He tells me a bazillion times a day "Mom, I love my cousins."
He asks me when his little brother will come out to play with him. I tried to explain to him the baby will be teeny-tiny when he gets here. Carson looks perplexed and says, "Why you say that, teeny-tiny." I explained again that's just another phrase for small or really little and after a few more questions he seemed to be okay with my answers. The other day I was curious to see what he would say if I asked how big his brother was going to be when he comes, so I asked. He looks at me, scrunches up his cute little face, holds up his hand right next to his face and shows a little space between his thumb and pointer finger of about 1/2 inch and says "just teeny-tiny."
Oh how I love my not so little boy. I just want him to stay this cute and funny forever.
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, I wish I were there to hear him. Joe will love these stories I'll have to make sure he gets on and reads them.
He's so cute! We need to get together with Nicole also before you have your next little guy (although I know you are super busy). Sorry I missed your last Scentsy event - I did order online though.
Those are hilarious. I love it when other kids say things that their parent says to them. Makes me feel like I'm not such a bad mom... its just the kid. Thanks for a good laugh.
I am laughing out loud. "Honey, where is my super suit?" I may just pee my pants.
Hey!
I found your blog through the Stonehockers. Your little boy is so adorable!
oh i miss carson!! he is such a cute little man. I am so excited for you to have another little one.
Post a Comment