The end of January we got a new minivan. Yes, we've upgraded to a larger family vehicle with another baby on the way and absolutely love it. I wasn't so sure about it when we first started looking, but know we made a great choice and even better...got a great deal! With the new purchase Matt thought we needed to take a roadtrip. We generally go to Utah in the spring, but he had a cousin leaving on a mission, so we headed up in February (too cold) to attend his farewell. As usual, it was a quick trip, but we had a great time.
While we were there we got to see my sister, Natalie, and her family in Pleasant Grove. We went to the Dinosaur Museam at Thanksgiving Point with Brian and Gavin. We stayed with Matt's grandparents in Bountiful. Carson just loves his Grandma Renie! We took Matt's sister, Natalie, with us from Provo to Bountiful. It was fun to spend time with her and to have an extra two hands to help with our kids. She even watched the kids while we got some lunch at my favorite restaurant for Valentine's Day! We got to see lots of Matt's side of the family at the farewell and the gathering afterwards. Most of our trip consisted of seeing family, but luckily we got to see some friends too. Thanks Joe and Marci for letting us stop by to say hi! Thanks Mike and Jamie for meeting up with us for dinner. We always feel bad when we don't get to see everyone, but these trips are always a whirlwind and we try to cram as much in as we possibly can!
I'm already really looking forward to our Utah trip next year. Traveling eleven hours with three kids sounds like even more fun!! Can you sense the sarcasm?
3 comments:
sounds like a good time! I love the fact with a minivan you can sit next to them, and help them without having to bend over backwards from the front seat. My next car WILL have a DVD player in it too! So glad everything worked out with your new van AND you had a great time!
First of all, I loved your minivan. Second of all, I LOVE that you graded your kis based on how well they traveled. I'd probably get a C- as well. I hate long road trips; I get way too antsy.
We don't have a DVD player in our car, but after this past weekend's trip it's obvious that we seriously need one.
Hi Linsey! I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with your darling family! Your boys are so dang cute, it's ridiculous! Congrats on the new van - I'm anxious to hear about the gender of your peanut! Hope I get to see you guys sometime soon (or even just "sometime")! xoxo
Post a Comment