Monday, May 24, 2010

Oh the things Carson says!

People are constantly telling me I should be writing down some of the things Carson says. I do my best to jot down things here on my blog in hopes that one day I'll print this into a book. Here are a couple of the latest funny moments.
Last night Carson was saying his prayers. He says thank you for everything regardless if he's thankful for it or asking for it. He said, "Thank you that I can have a (pause)... Mom what's that flying thing Hagrid gave Harry?" (Me: "A hippogiff") Carson: "Thank you that I can have a hippogriff." He continues with his prayer. Matt and I are busting up laughing and Carson proceeds to ask after he's done, "What's funny? Why are you laughing?" I'm laughing now just thinking about it. Gotta love Harry Potter and that Carson of ours!
Here's another one. It wasn't so funny in the moment, but I laughed later. I drive to my brother's office everyday to pick up my work. Nate usually comes out to say hi to the kids. Carson is generally not very warm and friendly during these short conversations. I was chatting with Nate and all of a sudden Carson's flip flop flies across the van and hits Nate. I looked at Carson in total disbelief and he said very seriously, "I'm just done with this." Oh excuse me, apparently my four year old had a very tight schedule and we were boring him too.


The kid never ceases to amaze me. What will he say or do next? As for Blake...we just hope he starts talking sometime soon. He's quite the jabberbox, but nothing makes sense. He's really good at "thank you" so that should count for something, right?

3 comments:

touch of glass said...

it must be the name. My Carson always says the funniest things once he started to talk. He spoke chinese until he was almost 3. Thank heavens for Speech Therapists who helped him greatly!

Karin said...

Hippogiff? HaHa How in the world did he pick up on that? How old is he?

Nicole said...

this cracked me up. i love that he wants a hippogiff and i was laughing so hard with the shoe throwing and his "being done with this" that is so broc too...so funny