We've had a traumatic experience today. I'm sure most people would just roll their eyes at me, but I've cried lots of tears and so has Blake. His beloved blanket "Buddy" got lost today. We never take it in stores, but Blake always has it in the car. He's not the happiest traveler around town, so he holds his Buddy and is completely content. Well, after a trip to Babies R Us, Target and swim lessons we got home to realize his Buddy was no longer with us. I've looked everywhere. I've called everywhere. I've driven back to the stores and checked parking lots. I have a feeling he threw it out of the door before the van door closed at Babies R Us. He does that every once in awhile, but I always catch him. I even called Babies R Us to say the landscaping crew was there blowing up all the junk in the parking lot and to see if they knew which company did that. The guy thought I was crazy and said he had no idea. I saw a donation drop box next to Babies R Us and wondered if maybe they dropped it in there rather than taking it into the store. I called PotteryBarn Kids to see if by chance they had his exact blanket tucked away somewhere on a shelf of outdated/unsold items. Blake screamed and screamed until I went and got him out of his crib during nap time. I wonder how long it will take for him to be able to fall asleep without his crib Buddy. Heck, I'm already crying again about it.
I was such a blanket kid myself. Blake doesn't talk, but he wanders around muttering something and keeps pointing into different rooms. I gave him a different blanket and tried to tell him it could be his new buddy and he shoved it aside and said NO! He's just so little and doesn't understand that we lost it. It breaks my heart and I feel absolutely terrible about it. Here come the tears again. I'm still hoping for a miracle - Blake and I desperately want it back!
6 comments:
My poor buddy Blake. I'm so sorry you can't find his buddy blanket. Sending you a hug and good thoughts.
So sad! Have you checked out lostmylovey.com? It's a website someone started when their kid lost their favorite buddy. I hope you can use ebay or this website to find a replacement!
oh I feel soo sad inside!!! Amzon might be a good place to look!!! Oh good luck!!
Lyns, that is so sad. I would be heartbroken if that happened to my kids. They just don't understand. Asher STILL has his "nite nite" and he's 4 1/2. He only sleeps with it, but he's devastated without it. I hope you find it. Check ebay and amazon. Love you.
so sorry! that is so tramatic. I hope you can find a replacement soon.
At our house we have "Uggies". I totally understand how hard this must be. My big boys still sleep with their Uggies underneath their pillows.
Post a Comment