Sunday, June 13, 2010

Seriously?

I should post a picture of my 33 week belly, but after today's comments I don't think I'm feeling up to it. Maybe another day. I think it's so funny how people make the most tactless comments to pregnant women. Here is the winner for today...


"Lynsey, you are huge. When is that baby due to arrive again?"


Yes, read it again. It was said. Word for word...just like that. She had a big smile on her face. She meant well. I actually started laughing when I re-read it just now. I didn't think I was THAT big, but apparently I am. Ha. I went in for my appointment on Friday and they actually told me I was measuring a little big (surprise, surprise). I'm hoping I have this boy two weeks early like I did with Blake. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

6 comments:

lrbodine said...

I haven't seen you for a while but I doubt you are that big! I'm glad you can laugh about the dumb comments people make to pregnant women. I'll cross my fingers this little guy comes early though!

Diana Waite said...

I was wondering if that was a man comment! Seriously--you need to make a sign and wear it informing people--REALLY!

Aaron & Laura said...

I totally understand! Someone once said to me... " Are you sure there's not 2 in there?" my response "No only 1"

Jacque said...

Fingers crossed!

The Griffins said...

Oh boy. Next time just respond "Not for another 5 months." That outta get the point across. I've been thinking about you lots. We've got to catch up stat. I love you Lynner!!!

Laura Blue said...

what gets me is when mothers say stuff like that...cuz they have been there & done that. you'd think they understand. almost there.