Tuesday, August 17, 2010

One Month

We are head over heels in love with this little boy. Today Tanner is one month old. I was telling Matt yesterday how quickly that one month has gone. Carson is such a big help with him and Blake is always very sweet to his baby brother. I'd say the transition has gone very well and for that I am very grateful. I definitely don't get out as much as I used to but that's my choice. I think it's easier to stay home. We are figuring out our routine. This past weekend Tanner smiled at me while I was talking with him and Matt didn't believe me. Sure enough the very next day Matt was talking to Tanner and he gave him a grin too. Last night he slept 9 1/2 hours! What a champ! From the time we brought him home he has been a great sleeper. I'm pretty sure he slept through his entire two first weeks of life. The first week he got up twice at night and from then on only once. He's a little more stubborn when going to sleep at naptime, but he has definitely improved over the past week. Unfortunately, his fussy time is in the evenings around 7 p.m. so Matt isn't so sure about him being a great baby. No fun to be fussy when that's your opportunity to see and hangout with your dad. For the record, I think he is an extra special baby because he doesn't spit up like my other boys. Hallelujah! He really is so sweet and we are lucky to have this little guy to be part of our family.

4 comments:

Sara Hollobaugh said...

Glad he is a keeper:)

Diana Waite said...

AH! he is SO handsome! I can't believe it's been a month! he's growing so fast!

Kapri said...

man he's adorable. looking cuter every post. I can't believe he doesn't spit up. I hope for that with my third!

Natalie said...

gosh -that went fast. can't wait to finally see him.