Friday, March 14, 2008

Diagnosis

About two weeks ago I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Bye bye yummy breads, cakes, cookies or anything with gluten in it for that matter! This new diagnosis bans wheat, rye, barley and oats from my diet (which is in pretty much everything!). Here is my first attempt at making gluten free bread. I'll sum it up in one word....interesting.
We had Carson tested last week. Tests came back normal. He will continue to enjoy fishy crackers like every other 2 year old out there. Yay!!

5 comments:

Em said...

That really stinks for you. Good luck with all of that.

lrbodine said...

That is going to be a complete lifestyle change. Good luck!

Jacey said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I knew a little about this disease so I just googled it to read a little more. I hope it gets better for you! Good luck!

The Thompson's said...

That's no fun. So what are the symptoms?

Natalie said...

Your loaf of bread looks way better than mine. Good first attempt. Maybe I just liked that so much because I hadn't had bread in so long! It's totally doable. Inconvenient, maybe, but doable.