Yesterday I felt like I should be given the title "Worst Mom of the Year" after our little mishap. I put Blake on our bed to put his clothes on and the phone rang. I pushed him into the center of our bed so I could turn around and grab the phone without him rolling off. The next thing I knew I heard a thud right behind me and Blake started crying. I would have felt really bad, but been fine if that was it. I quickly scooped him up while he was crying and then his eyes rolled back and his little body went limp. That's when I lost it. I didn't know if I should call 911, call my dad, call Matt, etc. I quickly dialed my parents house and got my mom. I was crying, Blake was screaming and my mom went into crisis mode trying to figure out what happened. By the time she got to my house Blake had calmed down. Everything was fine. My dad had called and told me to call my pediatrician. My dad told me that Blake falling off the bed was like me falling off the roof. That didn't make me feel any better. My pediatrician recommended I take Blake to the ER just as a precaution. Matt met me there where they checked Blake out and everything was fine. I knew five minutes after it happened that everything was okay, but watching Blake go limp in my arms was absolutely terrifying.
Beds are off limits for our squirmy little boy. One really cute thing I have to mention is how Carson reacted to everything. Carson ran into my room immediately after it happened. He was asking, "What happened to our baby?" I was crying and told Carson he rolled off my bed and got hurt. Carson ran into his room and was back in a flash with his stethoscope and doctor kit. Talk about a sweet boy. When I told him to get ready because we were taking Blake to the hospital (which Carson calls a "hos-ta-ble") he was sure to grab his stethoscope and bring it along.
11 comments:
Holy cow...scary! Avery has fallen off my bed once too. Luckily she just had a bruise and a carpet burned nose to show for it but I felt so horrible as well. As did Jared who was sleeping next to her on the bed at the time. Glad everything is okay with Blake and nothing serious is wrong. Once babies are mobile, its time to watch out cause they certainly surprise us with how many things they can do, get into and fall off of! Don't be too hard on yourself. I think most babies endure a fall off something sometime.
WOW!! I am glad to hear he is ok! That would be so scary.
Don't feel too bad. I think every mom has had a story like that. Jolie fell off the bed and landed on her head too. All was well.
Love all your other summer pictures. How did Carson get so tan already? Must be swimming a lot already.
I think every mom has one of these moments! But still scary that he went limp on you. I would have been a wreck! Glad it's all okay!
I'm glad that he is OK. Things like that are always scary!
SO glad my little Blake buddy is okay! Don't beat yourself up to much (I know it's hard), he's OKAY it WAS an accident.
I love Carson and the cute things he does! Poor Blake! So, I texted you today that Scarlett was crawling and got a tooth and you texted back wrong number :)
What a horrible time! So glad he was ok. How scary for you though.
Oh that is so scary! I would have panicked!!! I am so glad all is well. And that is absolutely adorable that Carson got his Dr. kit. Absolutely the cutest thing.
Yikes! Sounds like you handled it well, and I think you are a good mommy. How else would Carson know to grab his medical supplies if you hadn't taught him? I'm glad everything is ok. I leave Paul on the bed all the time, but he's started rolling over. I think I'll stop today! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.
Oh poor Lynsey. Thank goodness everything was alright. Even though you knew everything was alright, I'm sure the okay by the doctor felt good. I love Carson's reaction. What a good boy!
Post a Comment