The countdown has begun. Carson asked me yesterday how many more days until our baby gets here. Twenty-three. 23! That's really not that far away and if I have this baby early like I did with Blake he'd be here sometime next week. So, last night I left to get my pre-baby manicure and pedicure. When I got back Matt had put Blake to bed in Carson's room for the first time and moved the mattress up in the nursery so I could set up for our newest arrival. I have been slightly dreading transitioning Blake into Carson's room. It went great. Carson thought it was fun to "sneak" into his room quietly and not wake up his sleeping brother. Here is a glipse of the room I created for the two of them. There is still work to be done. Paint touch up here and there, but I love how it all turned out. We have a twin bed for Blake to put up in the future, but for now will continue to be contained in this crib.
Our baby's new space. Now we just need a baby. I'm usually not a theme-y person, but fell in love with this Dr. Seuss bedding and went with it. Carson thinks it's the coolest thing ever. There are still additions to be made in the nursery, so once it's all done I'll put up more pictures. I just need to paint some letters and get a picture or two on the wall.
Creation by Heidi Lynn at Scrapbooks, Etc. I had the idea to put a canvas up with a Dr. Seuss quote, but nothing I came up with was quite right. I finally ended up hiring Heidi's services and boy am I glad. I told her what I wanted it to say, gave her cardstock colors and let her go with it. It turned out beyond adorable!
I just finished putting all the stuffed animals and books away in these buckets. I left the room and came back to find this. Blake had unloaded the bucket, turned it around and climbed in to look through a book.
I feel like I've been waiting forever for July to come. I have enjoyed putting the rooms together for the boys and now with Carson and Blake actually sharing a room it seems like it all came too fast. I have moments where I think to myself how on earth am I going to manage three kids? Luckily, I don't have to do it on my own. Matt is such a great dad and a huge help! It will take some time to adjust, but we are sure excited to meet this new addition. I know toting this kid around in my belly is much easier, but I'm starting to feel like I need my own body back. Hopefully the next post here will be to announce that our baby has arrived! Ready or not...he's coming!
5 comments:
the room turned out GREAT! I LOVE that picture of Blake--SO adorable!
oh my gosh!!!! it all looks so fabulous lyns! {i knew it would!} *and you're right: that think heidi made is TO DIE FOR! love it! can't wait for the little too arive!
So glad the transition went well! Hope it continues to. The rooms look great!
this is stinking cute I can just picture carson being such a good older brother, and stepping into his new role with style
Everything is adorable! I love it! You are so creative. We are moving at the end of July, so hopefully this little guy will come before then!
Post a Comment