Sunday we took a drive down to the Mesa Cemetery. My mom died twenty-one years ago last week and we thought it would be nice to take Carson down to put flowers on her headstone. Carson and I originally bought flowers to take, but last week it was either raining or too dark by the time Matt got home and the flowers didn't last long enough. I like to think Carson was with my mom before he came to us. I want Carson to remember he has another grandmother who loves him even though she can't be here with us. I'm lucky to have several mothers in my life and Carson is lucky to have several grandmothers. So in the Evans house we will continue to talk about "Mommy Kathy" and show him her picture so he always knows about his grandmother in heaven smiling down on him too. Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Sunday Drive
Sunday we took a drive down to the Mesa Cemetery. My mom died twenty-one years ago last week and we thought it would be nice to take Carson down to put flowers on her headstone. Carson and I originally bought flowers to take, but last week it was either raining or too dark by the time Matt got home and the flowers didn't last long enough. I like to think Carson was with my mom before he came to us. I want Carson to remember he has another grandmother who loves him even though she can't be here with us. I'm lucky to have several mothers in my life and Carson is lucky to have several grandmothers. So in the Evans house we will continue to talk about "Mommy Kathy" and show him her picture so he always knows about his grandmother in heaven smiling down on him too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is so sweet. I am sure he was with her in heaven. I always think Payten was with Kevin before she came down. He knew how much we wanted a baby so I am sure he tried to hurry her along! Luv ya Sara
That brought tears to my eyes- Your mom would be so incredibly proud of you!
OMG... tear! oh sweet was that story. your mom truly would be so proud of you as a daughter and a mother. and i'm sure one day our carson will understand a whole lot more and be able to thank you for that. love you all. merry christmas
That is really sweet. I'm glad Carson is learning at a young age who his Grandmother is. The picture of you and Matt is really cute too! :)
Post a Comment