This picture was posted on our blog late 2007 or early 2008. I love looking back at photos although it makes me realize how quickly life goes by and my little boy isn't so little anymore. I've had a message on our machine for at least a year or more and I never deleted it because Carson's little voice was my absolute favorite. He called with the help of Grandma Gail. He repeated whatever she told him to say and it went like this... Hi Mom.
Me. Carson.
A papa's.
Love you. Bye.
Translation: Hi Mom. This is Carson. I'm at Grandma and Papa's. Love you. Bye.
I walked into our room last night and our message machine had a "0" displayed. No message. No saved messages. Carson's little voice was gone. I cried. Matt felt terrible. I know, a silly thing to be cying over. I'm teary eyed thinking about it. It was just a little piece of him from when he was "little" and he's not so little anymore. Years from now we will sit around with our kids, their spouses and their own kids reminiscing and Carson's darling little voice is something I will always remember.
7 comments:
aw.
i know: they grow up too stinking fast.
good thing the memories kinda tatoo themselves on our hearts, seriously.
I actually pulled out my video camera this week to catch some of Ellie's little voice. I kept waiting until my yard was free of weeds or my house was clean so it wouldn't be in the background but that might take too long - so I just decided to record her anyway! :) I'm sorry the message was erased. Hopefully you can always remember it in your mind!
Such a darling picture.
Totally worth crying over. Been there...done that. So sorry! You'll remember it though...
aww...so sad. i wish there was a way to rewind things sometimes, but life must go on & yes, we still need to pull out those video camera's sometime. lol
Oohhh. That seriously makes me want to cry too. I can just imagine what a darling little voice, to that darling little man!
We also get the cloned kids comments with our boys and I feel the same too. They are sure cuties!!
That is really sad about the erased message! I hope somewhere in Heaven's archives are little things like that that Mothers like us live for. For years my Mom had a message saved of her late sister Victoria cheerily saying hello and sending her love to our family. She said that listening to it made her feel like Victoria was not really gone, but on a long vacation we cannot comprehend. When the message erased, she lost a part of her she could never get back. Same thing with your son's younger little voice. It really is so sad about our kids growing up. Can't we just freeze a few things? (p.s. It was so good running into you! Glad to be in touch now!)
Post a Comment