Saturday, March 27, 2010

Meltdown

Yesterday I posted how excited I was to receive all my packages from UPS. I was excited to get the beds and bedding for the room Carson and Blake will share. It still looks like a tornado hit due to all the changes. I still have several months until this next little guy arrives, but getting organized and ready is just in my nature. Now on to my meltdown. I feel like it was just yesterday that Carson was our only baby. Then we added our wonderful little addition, Blake. I remember this picture below like it was taken yesterday as well. I guess all this change makes me so emotional because it just goes to show that time moves on. My little boys are growing up. I cried because we moved all of the nursery furniture and bedding that has been set up since August 2005 when we brought Carson home. I cried because Carson and Blake will be old enough to share a room. I cried because I worry Carson will hate the changes we made in a matter of two days while he has been with Grandma and Papa. He'll actually love it. He has been looking forward to getting an actual bed for awhile now. Apparently change is hard for me. Don't get me wrong...change is good, but sometimes hard. I'm lucky to have a husband that loves me despite my emotional meltdowns. Last night he informed me that he is used to it now. That might be a bad sign.
Oh how I love my little boys. Oh how I love being their mom. It's times like this that makes me realize how quickly time does move on and I'm reminded of this quote that I've read and heard several times.
"Enjoy the little things, for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault

5 comments:

Sara Hollobaugh said...

Meltdowns are good. You have to let it out or you will explode and that is worse. Carson and Blake will love being roomies!! I agree change is hard but well worth it when it is all said and done:)

angiedunn said...

oh, sounds very familiar. myron's used to my meltdowns by now, too. :)

it just shows that we care....and love our babies so much. right?

see: meltdowns = a good thing.

*the room is going to be SO CUTE! can't wait to see it.

Jacque said...

Hi Lynsey! I haven't been to your blog in a long time and I was pleasantly surprised to find out you are expecting again! Congrats! And another BOY! You are so lucky! I want another boy. ;)

Diana Waite said...

meltdowns--they're okay....I seem like I have them more often than not! :) So fun that your boys will share a room! Personally, I have a love/hate thing with change. So excited to see the changes! I can't believe my baby will be 8 this year! I still remember the day he was born, guess this is how our mommies felt too.

Monroe Family said...

Just thinking about my kids growing up causes me to have a meltdown:) By the way, I love that quote you posted!! Very True!!