Sunday, March 28, 2010

Goodbye 20's....Hello 30's!

It's official...I am now in my 30's. Wow. How did that happen?
Some would have midlife crisis over this age. Me, not so much. It's just a number. Matt got me this funny candle. I actually feel like I was 18 and in high school not that long ago. Like I've said in recent blog posts - time passes quickly. My 20's were great. Lots of important and special events happened in my 20's. Here's a list of some of those things...
  • I lived on my own
  • I lived the single life
  • I graduated from BYU
  • I got my first real job post graudation
  • I met the man of my dreams
  • I married the man of my dreams
  • We traveled and vacationed - Florida, Mexico, Hawaii, Utah, California, New York, Boston
  • We bought our first house
  • We decorated and furnished a house (an on going process of course)
  • We bought our first car
  • We had our first child and I became a mother
  • We had our second child
  • We found out we were expecting our third child
  • We bought our first "family car"
  • I've served in several callings - Young Womens, Primary & Relief Society
  • I've made life long friends

These are just some of the first things that pop into my head. I can look back and be happy about the lessons I've learned, the trials I've faced, the memories that have been made. So, bring on my 30's. I welcome them. I hope they are filled with lots more joy and happiness!

3 comments:

Diana Waite said...

Happy Birthday my friend!! Love the candle--TOO funny! :)

Diane said...

Happy Birthday! I'm right behind you.

Sara Hollobaugh said...

My 20' were ok. But I love my 30's! Much better in every way.Ieven feel I look better or at least like myself better, maybe that is it. Just seems like life just gets better as you age and grow and learn:) Happy 30's!!