Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Our {Not So Happy} Halloween

Carson has been talking about Halloween forever it seems. I was at a boutique all day on Halloween and Carson didn't get his nap in for the day. BIG MISTAKE! He took one look at his costume and went hysterical. We put it on him and he just about hyperventilated begging us to take it off his body. He was in tears, I was in tears and Matt was just trying to deal with both us of not being very happy. Oh well. I guess there is always next year. He refused to wear his costume, hold his trick or treat bag and talk to anyone. Matt finally put regular clothes on him and Carson refused to leave the house without his blanket "Buddy". One lady saw him and thought he was Linus from Charlie Brown toting his blanket around. Here he is looking a bit happier with cousins Ashley and Cade.

His face here pretty much sums up how he felt about Halloween for the most part.

Moving on to happier times. Carson moved up to a "big boy bed" a few months ago and did great from day one. I'm sure if you stop by he will tell you to come check out his ABC sheets or rockets on the wall. What a cute kid!


Carson LOVES pirates! He runs around the house with a sword, hook and telescope most of the day and sleeps with all of them too. He has a pirate treasure chest in his room where he keeps all of his pirate treasures and if I try to get anything out of the chest he quickly tells me "No mom, you don't have any tickets!" Apparently I need tickets to get into the treasure chest. I'm not sure how I'd go about earning those.





6 comments:

Jen & Blake said...

Carsen is so cute, he doesn't need a costume! You look really cute all ready to go. GOod luck with it all! Can't wait to see another cutie. Any names?

Shanna said...

Carson is so cute, even if he wouldn't wear his Halloween costume (by the way, he is at least the third or fourth kid I've heard of this year that had issues with costumes for some unknown reason). He looks so happy in his big bed! I can't believe he's old enough for that.

Momma Dianna said...

That's funny that someone still thought Carson had a costume on! When Lexie was almost three on Halloween, she threw a fit when I sprayed her hair red to be Ariel, but by the end of the night she threw a fit when we washed it out! Kids are so opinionated even at that age! Nice how they will dress up all the time too and then when Halloween time comes they don't want to! Gotta love little kiddos!

Kapri said...

Cute little anti-pirate costume wearer! Hey, so wear did you get the little set that he's in in the last picture...Rome would LOVE that! Please email and tell:)

Sara Hollobaugh said...

Hopefully he will like Halloween better next year when he has a cute little brother to show off!!

Anonymous said...

so stinking cute i miss that little boy! hope you are feeling well, i am so excited for you