Sunday, January 04, 2009

Happy New Year!

I've got lots of blog updating to do! This pictures sums up our last couple weeks...very tiring! We had a wonderful Christmas with lots of family in town. Now we will try to get back into the normal swing of things and hopefully I'll be able to upload some photos and get this blog going again. Tonight we had dinner with Matt's parents and then headed to my parent's house to visit and make sure they were recouperating after having the masses here for all the Christmas festivities. My mom noted how well Carson plays by himself. I guess a kid gets to be that way when he's an only child for three years. He finally crawled into Blake's carseat asked my dad to cover him with a blanket and to rock it back and forth. When my dad would stop rocking, Carson would put his arm out the side and motion for him to continue. When we finally got ready to go we uncovered a very sweaty boy fast asleep.
I also need to mention that today was Carson's first day as a Sunbeam. It was touch and go when we first arrived for Sharing Time, but he was beaming when I picked him up after class and he showed me his sun sticker. He has even sung Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam a few times since then. Love my boy.

2 comments:

lrbodine said...

Ellie is pretty good at playing by herself also since she is almost two and still no siblings in the works! I just read your mom's article in the Ensign - loved it! It would be fun to get together again before Nicole moves to Texas in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wish I could have been his Sunbeam teacher. They just called me to that again here. I'm excited I love hanging out with 3-4 year olds.